Maker Carts are filled with STEAM equipment for all ages. Build your skills, learn to code, explore circuits, create music, and more! Maker Carts are available at all locations, except the LPCPL Exchange. Available equipment varies by location.
Cubelets are robot blocks that make it fast and easy to engage children as young as four in learning by building robots. There’s no wrong way to build with Cubelets, so it is remarkably easy to transform these blocks into brilliant bundles of robotic curiosity
Strawbees is a line of award-winning construction toys that aim to stimulate kids’ imaginations and make STEM learning fun.
- 200 pieces plus instructions for 16 projects
Circuit Blocks are a set of components, switches and power sources that can allow people to explore electricity in a safe and easy manner.
Makey Makey Classic works through opening and closing circuits, just like any other button. Create circuits using conductive objects you connect with alligator clips like your hand or your lunch or some tinfoil.
Dash can dance and sing from following simple voice and coding commands.
- Requires provided iPads for Dash “Go”, “Play”, and “Blockly” apps.
- Dash Challenge cards are also available and need to be used with the “Blockly” app.
- Recommended age is 8+ but can be used by younger children with an adult.
- The card game that introduces kids to code.
- No other materials required.
Ozobot makes desk-friendly coding robots that come with many ways to create, learn, and share. It can identify lines, colors, and codes on both digital surfaces, such as a tablet, and physical surfaces, such as paper.
- It may require computer paper and markers that are located in a zipper pouch.
This app-enabled robotic ball lets you drive, play games, and learn to code using free apps.
- This requires an iPad, provided in cart, for Sphero Play and Sphero EDU apps.
- Challenge Cards, pins, and cones are available
Combining colorful LEGO building elements, easy-to-use hardware, and an intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch, SPIKE Prime engages with playful learning activities to promote critical thinking and solve complex problems, regardless of learning level.
- Requires provided iPad.
- 523 individual pieces
- Ages 10+
Learn how to code and build keyboarding skills by creating apps on a virtual tablet.
- Requires the use of a Public Computer and one of the books from the cart.
- Users will need to create an account on bitsbox.com.
- The BBC micro:bit: the pocket-sized computer transforming digital skills learning.
- Required for iPad use (preferred): iPad, a AAA battery holder with 2 AAA batteries, and a short USB cable.
- Required for Computer use: Public Computer and a short USB cable.
Specdrums are app-enabled music rings that you wear on your fingers. They make the world your instrument by turning the colors you tap on into different sounds, mimicking digital drums, keyboard, and even your own sounds.
- Requires provided iPad for Specdrum EDU app. May need headphones.
- Mat and Challenge Cards are also available.
Littlebits Synth Kit
The LittleBits Synth Kit will enable anyone to build their own sound machines with little to no engineering or musical knowledge.
- Create instruments and make beats with the synthesizer.
- May need headphones.